Friday 18 November 2011

We've got lots of Tomatoes now

Sorry that I have not been keeping you abreast of the goings on here but I have been weak. I have succumbed, succumbed to beer, to horses and to sloth. Each time I have attempted to put finger to keyboard I have allowed myself to become distracted. However tonight's telly seems to be a choice between soap stars and newsreaders dancing and people of whom I've not heard eating parts of kangaroos' anatomy I am here staring at a blank screen. Well it's not blank now as I have written the last few sentences but you know what I mean.

Ari wanted me to write a damning polemic about the government selling off Northern Rock for 75pence having bought it with about a zillion pounds of our money (or to put it another way, 2 hospitals and about a thousand local government jobs) but I said "No"

I could tell you of my worries about DJ, she has not been her normal romping self over the last few days, she has spent a lot of time looking sad and sighing a lot. We have moved her and Ari to their winter quarters in a hope that she may rally round. Housemate has ordered a homeopathic remedy in a hope that she will return to her old self. Lets hope so.

Tomorrow sees the long awaited return of my fave racehorse Kauto Star at Haydock where he will meet his nemesis Long Run in the Betfair Chase. sadly I fear that his best days are behind him and it's just a case of hoping he will get round in one piece. he can still win races but whether we want to see him slugging round places such as Bangor is a moot point.

Yesterday H and I went to Birmingham for a look round. It has changed since I was last there but as that was in 1962 it is not really surprising. After H had done a few shops we repaired to a pub for lunch where after paying £3 .55p for a pint of beer, sorry to keep going on about it but really... Anyway we were sat at the next table to some businessmen who were having a working lunch. After having a heads up on the retail situation in East Birmingham, we heard Chris from the Wolverhampton office telling of his total commitment to an integrated communications stream incorporating.. about now they were interrupted by a cry as I had bitten my own arm off in boredom. Thank goodness I am retired.