Tuesday 29 November 2011

Good Dog, Bad Dog (and scary cat )

Wanted. For crimes against the Livery Lady's children, Cruella De Ville, Dusty the horse's owners father and now the Gamekeeper's dogs. (one bitten one chased off) gamekeeper furious but luckily not armed. He's only eighteen inches high but my goodness he is trouble. Now not to be let out of my sight. Bad dog.

                                 "  There he is" says Carly

Why can't he be like the Clark Kent of the house. To the outside viewer Darcy Dog appears to be a pullover wearing wimp. Frightened of small Hens and over familiar female dogs. But tonight he showed his caped crusader side.

                                       Don't be fooled by the mild manner. Grrrr

H and Housemate were standing in the barn when Sharkey the cat was threatened by a usurper cat. She was in the process of being chased off when Leaping to the rescue was SUPERDARCY.

 The incomer showed his fangs and spat at him but our hero saw him off before returning with a bit of a swagger. You might ask where was attack dog when needed ? Housemate had returned from a visit from the North where she had being trying to make peace with her parents for eating Sushi. They had given her some tripe sticks, I think they were for her but she had fed them to Ari and DJ who were getting stuck in to the treat in their lair.

On Sunday night there was a commotion in the field with much galloping up and down from the horses. As it was late I was sent out , with an inadequate torch, to investigate. Kavi was not with the rest of the herd. Being worried I set off in the pitch dark to look around the ten acre field to search for him. It was about eleven thirty and very quiet, I was striding, reasonably manfully, up and down looking for him. Then i heard a "scritch scritch " noise behind me. I whipped around...nothing. I carried on a few more yards, "scritch scritch". Then something bumped into my leg. I squeaked, in a very butch way of course, This time the torch picked out the inquisitive face of Sharkey who was following me to see why I was trolling around the field at the dead of night. Incidentally Kavi was fine and was grazing happily by the Hunt Jump.