Sunday 20 November 2011

Hide the Hound

As I suspected yesterday there were repercussions from Ari's rampage. H and I had taken Rooster and Kavi out for a hack This was slightly delayed whilst Rooster ensured we were all wearing high-viz coats as it was a bit misty.


"Now, are you wearing hard hats and foot protection ? Who has got the first aid kit ? Watch out for slips.trips and falls....blah blah blah"

We were coming back down the drive when we were accosted by  Cruella the landlady. It appears that not only did Ari feed upon her he also cornered her in the feed room. I ask you ? Ari is only about 18 inches tall

                                           "I'm a lover not a fighter... (paws crossed)"

She opined that he should be either castrated or worse. A bit harsh I thought, anyway I suppose he had better keep out of her way in the next few days.

After our hack H and I went for Sunday lunch, a rare treat, to the Colliers Arms in Clows Top http://www.colliersarms.com/
It was quite good and interestingly they had turned what used to be the dining room into a shop which stocks locally grown veg, Free Range Eggs and local beers and ciders. As the pub is a bit remote it seems a good idea to diversify. They also open at 09 30 for breakfasts and serve tea, coffee and cakes all day. Good luck to them I say.