Tuesday 11 October 2011

Round and Round and Round

The good news is that there will be no blog for a few days as she who must be obeyed and self are going away for a few days holiday. We are going to the beautiful cotswolds, staying at the Falkland Arms at Gt Tew for a couple of nights, one of our favourite pubs.

http://www.falklandarms.co.uk/

One of the fun things about exploring new places is the chance to use my Sat-nav. I had promised myself one for years. This is due to spending many holidays with my" world" navigating. Now you would expect that a competition between million dollar satellite technology and my wife's instinct would be no contest. It isn't , the satellites are WRONG.

Who can forget that wonderful day in Devon,; after a nice morning in Tavistock we decided to look for a remote country pub, that had been recommended to us, for lunch. After an hour of driving up and down country lanes in a generally lost way I decided to ask directions, those who know blokes will realise just how desperate I wasfor a pint to swallow my pride and ask the way. I wound the window down to the local chap we had cornered and asked the way, he said "You need to go back to Tavistock and take the...." he got no further before my beloved interjected "Don't be ridiculous we have just come from there it must be up this road " he gave me a look that all men recognise that sublimimnally said " You've got one there mate".

Determined to avoid a repeat of this I purchased my sat nav and now have two women in the car with me telling me where to go. Sadly, often in different directions.

Anyway I will have to leave you now as we have some sort of cake fest on. We have the remnants of last night's apple and blackberry crumble, gathered by housemate, cooked by wife, eaten by fat ba***rd. A Womens's Institute cake kindly donated by the nice lady from next door, who would like it to be known that she is not a member but loves singing Jerusalem ,and a banoffi pie bought by housemate on her travels. Darcy Dog is practising his hungriest look on the off chance that there may be leftovers.

Friday will be spent at Cheltenham races trying to win back the money that went on my Sunday tip. It was backed as if defeat was out of the question from 6/4 to 1/2, you must have some cash to affect the odds so much. Alas Minella for Party had clearly been at a party as he ran as if he had a hangover.

See you Saturday when the woman with rare toes is coming to visit.