Monday 24 October 2011

Frankel ??? Pah

Housemate away hoof carving so there has been plenty to do. Up early and while H was getting horses sorted I went to release the hounds, Ari leaped out and shot off across the yard but there was no DJ. Having put her away last night I had to rub my eyes, the run isn't that big but she was nowhere to be seen. All I could hear was a "thump.....thump....thump" A more thorough search revealed her hidden under her duvet, (yes I know) and her tail was hitting the side of the run. The little tinker.

Anyway time to tack up and take to the fields on Kavi and Carly. What a beautiful morning, the trees have just turned and are losing leaves so that longer views have been opened up. Carly was particularly enjoying the views stopping when he could while Kavi sighed doubtless wanting to get back. The last part of the ride before rejoining the road is a half mile uphill stretch through two fields. Knowing Kavi's propensity for acceleration on the way home I bridged the reins and sat deep in the saddle. Above me a helicopter was hovering and was that a TV presenter by the gate saying "Horse riding is a great way to see the countryside but in many cases it ends in tragedy and a job for the Helicopter Heroes..."?

I heard no more as Kavi shot off up the field like greased weasel sh*t, he particularly enjoyed the steep last section throwing his head up so that any last semblance of control I had disappeared and allowed him into top gear. The four foot hedge was approaching before I persuaded him to hang a right and not jump it. He loved it. H told me that you should have one adrenaline rush every day, I said I would check my trousers for rush later.

Next time I will update you on some of the things I have wittered on about in past blogs, this will include ; great service shock, red tomatoes and why is there no English word for Schadenfreude ?