Thursday 20 October 2011

Chase Me (Not)

I wasn't going to write a blog today but multiple soaps on telly has forced me to the computer.

Nearly got him that time

Today got off to an exciting start; I opened the feed room door first thing to be greeted with a yawning and stretching Furrgal who I had inadvertently locked in last night, unfortunately for the newly freed feline his first sight was Ari who was looking for some early morning exercise, off they set at top speed across the yard.

Then it was on with joddies, long black boots and comedy hat for a hack. The weather although cold was crisp and the views splendid, Kavi was a good boy for 90% of the time, he still doesn't like going past the stables where the real horses are but when bribed with extra lunch (and me weeping) consented to jig jog past with me clinging on to at least half of him, the sweetie.

Off to the races in the afternoon when good profit was holed below the water line in the last race when my nap of the Esperao (see yesterday) led all the way to the finishing post where he stopped to have his photo taken allowing his pursuer to catch up and dead heat. Aside from that Tatispout won easily helped by a nasty incident when 4 of his 5 opponents slipped up on the flat, thankfully all the horses got up ok. Apart from those two winners I also recommended two seconds (is that the sound of me on trumpet ??). The local horse returned in last place looking happy with poor Liam looking very frazzled, clearly only one of them was trying hard.