Saturday 24 September 2011

Stung like a bee

What an exciting day yesterday was with Alpacas appearing and disappearing, I was sure that I had seen an Alpaca the other side of the cattle grid but by the time I got there it had disappeared. Was concerned for my sanity so didn't tell nice lady next door. Next thing he re-appears this side of the grid on the drive. Huhh !. This time nice lady called and eventually Cassius (all her alpacas have names similar to those in a minor Surrey prep school- you know Cassius, Arriety, Fungal Infection- though I may have misheard the latter) is returned to his field while she hunted for his escape route. Turns out he had been spotted and returned by the gamekeeper, it's amazing how persuasive a small tweedy chap with a gun can be.

Ari, on one of adventures around the yard finally cornered Furrgal, as he has been trying to do for about 6 months, and this time he was gonna take him down. As I hurried over to see what the commotion was about I was just in time to see Furrgal rear up before giving the lumbering hound a quick left/right combination on the snot box and zipping back up the hay bales to taunt him again. It was just like Ali and Joe Frazier in Manilla.

                          Beaten again Ari retreats to re think his cat pulverising strategy.

I hope you were able to get on Hazy Tom as he romped home yesterday, he will be a good horse this season. Todays tip runs at Market Rasen in the 4 35 and is Bullet Man who is available at 7/2. I was impressed by his win at Humtingdon four weeks ago showing huge improvement from his debut at Sedgefield.