Tuesday 27 September 2011

As the Red Dragon endurance festival approaches the number one rider and myself took oirselves to mid Wales yesterday to do some reconnaissance work on the course. This is so I will know where to crew Rooster with water , sloshes and refreshments for the rider as well. The scenery around Builth Wales was stunning in the autumn sun and hopefully H & R will be able to appreciate the views,

Rooster will go past this too fast to appreciate on Saturday.

While we were out I was able to call in at a couple of pubs to refresh myself. One that we were looking for was not open for customers. It always amazes me that landlords complain that they can't make a living and then are not open to sell beer. How much does it cost to stand behind a bar ?

Some average racing at Sedgefield this afternoon, but a win double on the wonderfully named Manger Hanagement in the 3 20 and Brother Bob for the in form Longsden stable in the 2 50 may well pay out.