Friday 23 September 2011

I'm on all week, Try the Veal

I apologise for there being no post yesterday, oh you didn't notice. The first part of the day was taken up by a visit from the Mother-in-law. I could tell when she had arrived as I could hear her reverse parking her broomstick and the mice were throwing themselves onto the traps.  I'm sorry I appear to have been taken over by the spirit of Les Dawson circa 1970.

We gave her the full tour and she made friends with Darcy Dog, although she was a little in awe of Kavi when I brought him out of the stable to say Hello. I don't really blame her as he is in a very grumpy mood at the moment.
                                          "What are you looking at ?"

You take your life into your hands going into his stable to change his rug, if you get to close to the front end he tries to bite you, too close to the rear he'll get you with his tail. Hopefully this is only a passing phase as Autumn approaches.

After she had rerturned to her coven (Stop that Now !!), I am so sorry she is really a very sweet lady. Anyway I was able to devote some time to watching the racing where there were two eye catchers who it may be worth following this season; Sizing Symphony won very nicely at Fairyhouse in Ireland yesterday and looks as though there will be a couple of decent 3 mile chases in him. Blenheim Brook was a runner up on his seasonal debut yesterday and given a bit of cut should be capable of winning a few races in the North.

I hope you followed my tip on Wednesday as it came 3rd at 16/1. Today's winner (hopefully) will be Hazy Tom in the 5 05 at Worcester. The Charlie Longsden yard is in top form at the moment and he thinks very highly of this former Bangor winner. 11/8 this morning. Good Luck