Tuesday 6 December 2011

No don't tell me....

Yesterday you left us in deepest Bovey Tracey having finished the celebration meal. We all repaired to the Mother in law's house for the traditional unveiling of the Birthday cake. Here I must declare an interest; the cake was made by my seriously clever and talented sister in law.
http://www.c4cakes.com/

I can recommend her creations for any of your celebration, wedding, birthday etc cakes. Have a look through the Web site, they look great and taste divine.

Where was I ? Sorry , I had a cake moment then. Memo to self, do not show her your Christmas cake. (It received another generous dose of Brandy today.)

Replete with cake and celebrations, H, clever sis in law, her partner and the Shambling student ( my Godson) nipped to the local for a beverage or two. When ordering the excellent St Austell beers we were asked if we wanted to take part in the quiz. Seeing a chance to shamelessly show that I have a talent for something I said yes and the Barn Owls (South) entered the....pop quiz. AAArgh, there was no mention of pop music. Thankfully all my team mates had a good knowledge of music that was not prog rock of the 1970s or British Classical Music of the twentieth century. These were my efforts when trying to identify the songs that were played. See if you can guess who I meant;

That's a load of black girls, they don't wear much, one of them married a footballer.
Oh, American band, lead singer wears a lot of guyliner, jumps around a lot and is older than he thinks.
Dull British band, lead singer has a weight problem and a dodgy hairstyle.
They play this a lot on Telly, it's dire. It must be Coldplay
Boring Boring Boring, must be Radiohead.
It's MC Hammer !

Answers,
Destiny's Child
Green Day
Snow Patrol
Keane
No, sorry I still can't remember
Michael Jackson

We finished 3rd despite my efforts. Well done you lot.

It was a great weekend away but it was good to come home. The wet weather has turned the top field gate into a quagmire. This has presented quite a problem to our dear old safety rep Rooster;

                                      "That presents a slip hazard that does"

He is so concerned that his herd might slip and hurt themselves that he stops them leaving the field to come up to the barn for their feed. I say stops them, Sid takes no notice and strolls past. Kavi nips up the other side while Rooster is distracted, it would take a lot more than an Arab to keep him from his snap. In the end it is just him and Carly ,who is jumping anxiously from hoof to hoof, standing the wrong side of the gate. Only when one of us comes down and shows him the risk assesment can we all proceed for tea.