Monday 2 April 2012

Game of Sheep

Game of Thrones will soon be starting on Sky Atlantic. I'm very excited by this, if you have ever seen it you will appreciate the sense of anticipation I am feeling. It is the second series following 10 episodes from the first series. That is about 15 hours of television and I watched it all avidly, and still have no flaming idea what is going on. I will not let it beat me though, I'm sure the naked lady with a dragon on her shoulder will play an important part in the plot. If anyone has any inkling of the plot please let me know.

The pathetic fuel "crisis" was particularly annoying for us as we were planning to travel to Essex for clever cake sister's birthday party and Ludlow ran out of fuel about 15 seconds after the Prime Minister told us that there was no need to panic. We managed to source some and set off down south. After a Satnav induced foray down a side road to a small village off the A14 (She told me to do it , I could not resist) we chanced upon a garage that still had fuel. We had to top up, £18 50p of petrol !! We had become panic buyers I felt so cheap, I was Cameron's bitch for following the, previously despised, masses.

A new and potentially worrying problem has affected our flanneur Darcy, Dog Worrying. This is where sheep frighten dogs. I know, it's pathetic isn't it ? he set off down the drive a couple of days ago and saw the sheep who were minding their own business the other side of the cattle grid. He woofed at them and they ran off. A great game thinks our Tibetan chum. However these sheep are quick at sussing out less than brave hounds and yesterday when he sauntered down the drive for some more sport they stood their ground and "Baaaahhhed" at him. Cue hasty retreat.

                                 " Run Silky boy Run"

My next offering will be the one hundredth blog in the series, I will take requests for content. Horses, dogs or the usual waffling ? The choice is yours.