Friday 25 May 2012

Gorn Away

It has been pointed out in the last couple of entries that Sharkey has been rather friendly with the horses recently. She has been perched up on fence posts shamelessly making up to all of our residents, including the pointers.

                                "And are you a good jumper then ?"

I was just thinking that that was quite nice, seeing all the animals interacting is always pleasant to see, although it must be said that I got the impression that some kind of interview was taking place.

However things took a worrying turn yesterday when I was walking through Ludlow's, internationally famous Tweed Quarter and idly looked through the window of Inbreds "Shropshire's Premier Wildlife Slaughterer Outfitter" and there she was.The frisky feline was being fawned over by an assistant whilst being fitted for a jacket in Hunting Pink. When questioned later she told me that she has killed everything in the vicinity and is looking to join the hunt next season to take Reynard down. Tired of voles she  wants the big game now. I shall be looking on her wall closely in future (not her Facebook wall of course, to check that there are no trophies there.

I tried to appeal to her brother,the increasingly scarce Furrgall promising  him that I will up their level of biscuits and pouch based food if he could talk her out of this latest muderous habit


              "Huhh, flamin' hormonal women, What can you do ? I try to stay out of the way"
These are probably the wisest words he has ever said.