Sunday 26 February 2012

The Slaughtered lamb

We've just returned from a weekend in Reading, where we were visiting family. Reading is a big town that, as H said, has everything except charm. On Friday night H and I went on a fine pub crawl through the town. One place we decided not to visit was here..


I'm not sure what this venue was called but the signpost was warning enough. Our hosts have two, admittedly, lovely three year olds and every hour spent in their company increases exponentially my respect for people trying to bring up children. They are relentless. Also you have to look for different pubs to go to where children are welcome, the sort of places that we normally avoid


This unprepossessing rubbish tip was advertised as a "kiddies playground" Clearly they have a strange idea of what a play area is in Berkshire, still as Lovelyneice said "once you've removed the syringes and condoms, it's really quite good" She sent me the picture sideways so please turn your computer through 90 degrees to view it. She made up for this by taking us to some interesting hostelries in the evening, including one where I was the only male who was neither a dwarf, mad, 75 years old or 32 stone, it may become my new local as I was the pub sex-god. Sound of H and Housemate rolling their eyes.