Wednesday 20 June 2012

Summer Special (1)

Ok, I said that I would be closing down for the Summer but a few things have happened that I thought that I would share with you all. Firstly, as suspected, Rooster did have an underlying injury and has been stood down for the season. It is a small problem with his check ligament and should be fixed in time. He has been put on what is called box rest which means that he has to stay in and cannot go out and dash about thus risking further injury.

Rather than be left on his own in the barn he is given a room mate, during the day it is Kavi and at night Ptracci (the P is silent remember).

                                    Kavi stares balefully at the patient.

Kavi is not chuffed at this as it has seriously curtailed his nom nomming in the field. He shows this by being even less friendly than usual. At the weekend I was showing a nice Swedish gentleman the yard (managed to not mention the football result which, I thought, was very restrained of me), we had looked at Rooster while Kavi was munching away and I said to Sven (of course) "And the other chestnut is the one your sister rides from time to time.. Kavi Say hello Kavi " He turned around with a look that clearly said "F off I'm eating my haynet" Nice.

At night Ptracci takes over, much to Rooster's dismay. She chats away incessantly "OMG I've got some new hoof paint, Do you think I should wear Blue or Red  hoof paint? I said to Shelley lmao you big lezza, why are you lying down ? Can I have some of your Hay ? Do you like Frankel ? I think he's lush. Is your leg hurting ? I said to Shells you had a bad head but she said."...etc etc

Ari has been out and about and was looking in on Rooster while I explained to him what the problem was. Unfortunately Ari decided that Rooster was receiving Private Health Care "NHS not good enough for him, the class traitor" he opined. I tried to tell him that the NHS did not cater for horses, or indeed dogs either. He has now decided that his manifesto at the next election will be Free health Care for all Horses and Dogs, Sharkey gave him a nudge and he has reluctantly included cats as well.


                              "I'll have a private room please and where's the hairdresser /"
Next time; witchcraft at BC, Carly's medical problems, a new get rich quick scheme (hint http://www.ancestrees.org.uk/ ) and What the Hell happened to Summer ?